The Akerworks Drop Spindle Starter Kit has been designed to offer you all the tools, materials, instruction, and inspiration you’ll need to create your first skein of handspun! It includes the following:
- 1 Medium Geranium Whorl (specify color when ordering)
- 2 10" Spindle Shafts with Hook Protectors
- 1 12" Spindle Shaft with Hook Protector
- 4 TensiTamers
- 2 2 oz. balls of spinning fiber
- 1 cardboard box (your DIY Spindle Kate!)
The included fiber is Bluefaced Leicester (BFL) wool top from Nebraska's Laughing Lamb Fiber, widely considered to be the best fiber with which to learn to spin, with its balance of long fiber (for ease of spinning) with soft feel and good luster.
Also included in your kit are instructions and links to detailed video guidance.